Phelan Petty created this website and its content to inform you about Virginia legal issues and educate you about our law firm, attorneys, and approach to legal services.
We would also like to ensure that you understand the purposes of this site, which is why we have provided the disclaimers below:
- This site is for informational purposes
- The information and content contained onthe Phelan Petty website is not legal advice and is not a substitute for a licensed attorney’s assessment of your situation.
- When you have legal questions, you should always consult with a lawyer who is licensed in the appropriate state or jurisdiction.
- Phelan Petty’s attorneys list the jurisdictions where they are licensed in their website profiles. Nothing on this website should be considered a solicitation of representation that might be the unauthorized practice of law.
- The only way you can create an attorney-client relationship with Phelan Petty is by signing a written agreement. Visiting this website, completing a contact form, or sending an email do not establish an attorney-client relationship.
- Do not choose your lawyer solely because of their website or advertisements.
- Occasionally, Phelan Petty links to websites in our content. We do not control third-party websites, and we cannot guarantee their accuracy. We merely provide these links as a service.
- Phelan Petty shares case summaries, verdict and settlement information, and client stories on our website. However, this content is for informational purposes only. Settlement values and results will vary, depending on the merits of each case. We cannot guarantee similar results in your case.
- You should never send confidential or time-sensitiveinformation through this web site, its online contact forms, or email addresses.
- When we accept a client’s case, we limit our representation to that specific matter. Whether you are a new, existing, or past client, we cannot guarantee that we will agree to represent you in additional cases or claims until we review the facts and law surrounding them, as well as potential conflicts of interest. Previous representationis not a guarantee of future representation.
- Do not send our law firm private or confidential informationuntil we formally accept your case.
[H2]: Our Privacy Policies
Phelan Petty takes your privacy seriously. Below, we outline our approach to how we collect, use, and communicate your personal data.
- You cannot establish an attorney-client relationship by using the Internet, completing a contact form, or sending an email.
- When we accept a client’s case, we limit our representation to that specific matter. Whether you are a new, existing, or past client, we cannot guarantee that we will agree to represent you in additional cases or claims until we review the facts and law surrounding them, as well as potential conflicts of interest. Previous representation is not a guarantee of future representation.
- Do not send confidential or time-sensitive information through this website, its contact forms, or email addresses. Instead, contact our office to arrange for a more secure method of transmission.
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information
- How to reach Phelan Petty if you have any questions or concerns about your privacy on our site
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only collect and have access to information that you voluntarily give us via email, form submission, or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We may use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization other than what is absolutely necessary to fulfill your request(s).
Occasionally, we may partner with another entity to provide specific services. In the course of business, we may share names or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide their services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services to us or directly to our users.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can take any action listed below at any time by contacting us at 804-980-7100.
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Changeor correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take deliberate precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via this website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a secure icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of any page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We use "cookies" on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Surveys & Contests
We may request information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary, and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code and age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
Contact Phelan Petty if You Have Any Questions or Concerns About Your Privacy on Our Website
The content provided here is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject.