Personal Injury Attorneys Richmond, VA
Richmond personal injury lawyers helping Virginia injury victims and their families move forward
A serious personal injury can change the course of your life forever. When another person’s negligence causes you harm, you have legal options.
The Richmond personal injury lawyers of Phelan Petty have a proven track record of success fighting on behalf of individuals and families throughout Virginia. We investigate what happened to you, handle the insurance companies on your behalf, and put the full power of our firm behind your lawsuit. Contact us today so we can get started on your case.
What kinds of personal injury claims do you handle in Richmond?
Phelan Petty focuses on wrongful death cases and catastrophic injury cases. Catastrophic injuries can leave the injured person unable to work and provide for his or her family, or cost him or her the life he or she worked so hard to build. By devoting our extensive resources to these cases, we ensure that our clients receive our full attention. Some of the cases we handle include injuries such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Amputation and limb loss
- Burn injuries
- Sexual assault injuries
These types of cases are often incredibly complex, which is why there is always an attorney involved from the start. Our Richmond personal injury lawyers take the time to get to know you and your unique needs, and build your case based on those needs.
Should I settle my Richmond personal injury case, or go to trial?
Whether you settle your personal injury case will always be up to you. At Phelan Petty, our proven track record in trial and our relentless work-up or our cases often leads to us receiving top-notch settlement offers. Our philosophy is that unless your case has significant problems, you should not settle unless the settlement offer is excellent.
This is why Phelan Petty's Richmond personal injury attorneys prepare every case as though it may need to go to trial. By doing the necessary work from the start, insurance companies recognize that we mean business. This often puts us at an advantage during settlement negotiations.
How long will my Richmond personal injury claim take?
The time it takes to resolve your injury claim is based on your unique circumstances. Generally speaking, it takes less time to settle a case than go to trial, but this is not always how it works. In most cases, you have two years from the date of the incident to file a personal injury lawsuit in Virginia, but there are exceptions to every rule. You should contact a Richmond personal injury lawyer as soon as you can to avoid being time-barred from recovering.
Do you represent victims of car, truck, and motorcycle accident injuries?
Per the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles, drivers traveled an average of 207,942,850 each day in 2020. Between the tractor-trailers that transport our goods, commuters on their way to and from work, and visitors traveling by bus or van throughout the state and to our nation’s Capital, there are a tremendous number of vehicles on the road. The chances are very good that you will, at some point, be involved in a crash. If you are, you deserve a legal team who will fight for your best interests.
Whether your accident involved one car or multiple vehicles, a defective auto part or a negligent driver, or was the result of hazardous road conditions based on poor maintenance, we can help. Call our injury attorneys in Richmond to learn more.
Do your Richmond personal injury lawyers handle product liability claims?
Consumers are owed a duty of care when it comes to the items they purchase and use each day. The Richmond product liability attorneys of Phelan Petty help injury victims hold manufacturers, retailers, sellers, and other parties liable when they are hurt because of dangerous products. Contact us for help with claims involving:
- Defective and exploding batteries, including e-cigarette injuries and JUUL injuries
- Defective auto parts
- Defective children’s products, including Rock N Play Baby Sleeper claims
- Defective household appliances and products, such as defective fire extinguishers and smoke detectors, pool drain covers, and explosions and fire claims
- Dangerous drugs and defective medical devices
Do your personal injury attorneys handle medical malpractice claims in Virginia?
Phelan Petty has earned a reputation for its thorough, aggressive representation of medical malpractice victims in Virginia. Our Richmond personal injury attorneys only accept a limited number of claims each year, so we can devote our full resources to these incredibly complex cases. Some of the medical malpractice claims we have handled include:
Our personal injury lawyers also handle claims involving negligent hiring and medical credentialing practices, bariatric surgery (gastric bypass, lap band) complications, hospital-acquired infections, and Veterans Administration (VA) hospital negligence.
What other kinds of personal injury lawsuits do you file in Richmond?
Phelan Petty Injury Lawyers can assist you in any type of personal injury claim, including:
- Premises liability claims. Property owners owe their visitors a duty of care. If you suffered an injury because of an unsafe walkway, from a gas explosion, while on or near a construction site, or because of poor security practices, we can help.
- Nursing home negligence claims. Our elderly loved ones deserve to spend their golden years comfortably and safely. If your loved one is the victim of abuse or neglect, you have options available to seek justice for their injuries.
- Wrongful death claims. While no lawsuit will bring back your loved one, it can bring you closure. It can also ensure that your family is protected in the future.
Please contact us to learn more about our services, and to see which option is best for you.
Do you have a Richmond personal injury lawyer near me?
Phelan Petty’s office is located at 3315 West Broad Street in Richmond, near several state courthouses. Our Richmond personal injury lawyers serve the entire Commonwealth of Virginia and handle cases in other states. We will make home and hospital visits if you are too injured or ill to travel to us.
We have also cultivated a wide network of resources throughout Virginia, making us a popular choice for out-of-state attorneys seeking local counsel. Please contact us to learn more.
Experienced Richmond personal injury attorneys on your side
Phelan Petty is a respected personal injury firm serving clients throughout Virginia. When you are hurt, we can help. To schedule a free consultation at our office in Richmond, please call 804.980.7100 or fill out our contact form.
- What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims in Virginia?
- What Is Pain and Suffering in a Personal Injury Claim?
- What Percentage Do Most Personal Injury Lawyers Charge?
- An Accident Victim’s Guide to Virginia Personal Injury Settlements
- Can I Sue a Robot? Artificial Intelligence and Personal Injury Claims
- How Long Does It Take to Negotiate a Settlement Agreement?
- Is Personal Injury Settlement Money Taxable in Virginia?