Defective Products Can Cause Burn Injuries
Consumers can suffer devastating burn injuries from exposure to certain defective products. Products such as defective lithium-ion batteries and e-cigarettes have been in the news for catching on fire and/or exploding. These product explosions can lead to catastrophic burns and other devastating injuries. Victims who suffer catastrophic burn injuries may require painful skin graft surgery and horrific scarring or disfigurement. Other burn-related injuries include post-traumatic stress disorder and other psychological injuries caused by the trauma of the incident, the pain at the burn sites or the resulting disfigurement.
Examples of defective or dangerous products that can cause burn injuries
- Pressure cookers
- Vaping products and e-cigs
- Space heaters
- Lithium-ion batteries packs
- Propane heaters
- Airbags and other auto parts
- Recreational vehicles
- Medical equipment
- Electric blankets
- Skincare products
- Cell phones and accessories
- Children’s toys
- Small kitchen appliances
Pursuing a successful burn injury claim
Catastrophic burn injuries can leave victims unable to work and support their families. They may suffer social isolation, especially if the scarring is severe, or if it is highly visible, such as on the hands, face, or neck. Burn injuries can also lead to dangerous complications involving infection or contracture, which will require additional medical treatments. For some victims, the financial burdens may be too much to bear.
An experienced defective product attorney can help you determine what occurred with the product to cause your injury and what questions to ask in developing an effective injury claim:
- Was the design of the product defective?
- Was there a defect in the manufacturing process that led to the dangerous outcome?
- Was proper testing carried out to ensure the safety of the product?
- Was a warning label present on the product to alert consumers of the potential risk involved with the product’s use?
- Was the manufacturer transparent with information that could have identified dangers with the product?
If you have suffered injuries from a defective product, it is important to record and gather important information as quickly as possible. This information includes a description of the incident, the names and phone numbers of any witnesses to the incident, and other important information you think may be valuable to your case.
If a defective product has left you with burn injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Phelan Petty, our Richmond defective product attorneys can review your case and help you pursue the financial recovery you are owed. To set up a free case evaluation, call us today at 804.557.4683 or send us a message through our contact form. We represent clients throughout Virginia.
- 5 Simple Ways You Can Protect Your Children From Lithium-Ion Battery Injuries
- Why Do Lithium-Ion Batteries Explode?
- DeWalt Wireless Earphones Recalled for Burn, Fire, and Explosion Hazards
- Lithium-Ion Batteries in Micromobility Devices May Cause Life-Threatening Injuries
- Who Bears Liability for Injuries Caused by a Defective Product Purchased on Amazon?
Since 2004, Jonathan Petty has applied the deep knowledge and experience he gained working on the defense side of litigation to represent ordinary people injured by car accidents and truck accidents, medical malpractice, and defective products in Virginia. He has successfully tried medical malpractice and personal injury cases to verdict in courts throughout Virginia, and he has handled cases on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts across the country.
Leave a Comment